12 May 2013

Grandma Joan's Moon

...Goodnight room
Goodnight moon
Good night cow jumping over the moon
Goodnight light
And the red balloon
Goodnight bears
Goodnight chairs
Goodnight kittens
And goodnight mittens
Goodnight clocks
And goodnight socks
Goodnight little house
And goodnight mouse
Goodnight comb
And goodnight brush
Goodnight nobody
Goodnight mush
And goodnight to the old lady
whispering "hush"
Goodnight stars
Goodnight air
Goodnight noises everywhere

--"Goodnight Moon", text by Margret Wise Brown
This post was mentally conjured last night, so, that's what it all refers too. I drove in last night to see Grandma Joan's moon peaking over the neighbor's, which finally made me happy. Grandma Joan's moon is that very thin, sharp, lovely crescent moon. We call it Grandma Joan's because she really liked it. That's all, but it makes me think of her, and she is one of my favorites. I know she still loves it, and whenever it's out the world is reminded of her love. This world is too incredible. Everything about it speaks love. Proclaims love. The stars come out without fail every night and shine, at least one or two for everyone here. Trees continue to grow so we can, the water is so powerful, but for today, stays gently to support us. The most beautiful thing about this joyful world is the promise it holds for the next one. I'm sure we were perfectly content in heaven, but God loved us enough to give us a body, to experience all the amazing, pure things that come with it. Our body enables us to love so physically, so tangibly, so truthfully. And to think that we get to keep and live in its glory forever. I honestly cannot even grasp it all yet, but I know that living this life to the greatest of our ability is what makes eternity perfect. And I couldn't be more excited. Not that I'm "excited" for death, but I sure am grateful for it. 

No comments: