Today is a day full of love. It is the Sabbath day, a day about our Savior, who has infinite love for all of us. Some of us go to church with people we love and who love us. And it's also Mother’s Day. Mothers are without a doubt among the most loving people I know. These are just a few of the mothers I admire:
- Molly Weasley: I admire her because she will do anything to protect her children from the harm or influence of evil.
- Liz Jorgensen: Liz is one of my favorite friends. She also loves Harry Potter, like I do, so she's automatically super neato. Liz never loses faith. She's currently going through a very serious time with her newborn son, Eli (you can read her blog here). However, she is the happiest, most positive person I know. She continually glorifies Heavenly Father for every small blessing in her life. She loves her family and is completely dedicated to them.
- Mary Williams: Mary dedicates her life to loving everyone as if they were her family. Mary will always cheer you up, and has something wonderful to say about every one. No body will ever be more happy to see you than Mary.
- Gaby Saxton: This here is a remarkable woman. She is one of the most beautiful, talented, loving, and strong people I know. She spends her entire life sharing what she loves with not only the kids she teaches, but everyone she comes in contact with. She never gives up. She has a strong faith in life, and people, and always has wise, thoughtful advice to give. She has a fabulous personality and is a friend to everyone.
- Mary: The mother of the Savior always mesmerizes me. She lived her life virtuously and humbly so she could be ready to bring Him here. She stayed true to her husband and withheld a strong faith in the Lord. She always put His will first, because she knew it would lead to the happiness and joy of all mankind, including herself.
- MY MOM: Everything my marvelous mother does is out of love. Love for her family, friends, Savior, life, anything. She is so smart and strong and teaches impeccably by example. She knows what is important and is faithful to her family and Heavenly Father. She has a beautiful eternal perspective and keeps her sights set high on what she wants and needs to do. I am way too blessed to have her as my mother.
The Family: A Proclamation to the World states: "Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities. By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families. Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children. In these sacred responsibilities, fathers and mothers are obligated to help one another as equal partners."
The family is the most sacred, incredible blessing we have on this earth. Family gives us responsibility to be good to one another and learn kindness, and how to work together.
Families can be together forever. They are eternal, they show us promise we have of heaven and eternal joy. Family assures us that we have a divine nature. The fact that Heavenly Father has a strong enough faith in His daughters and their husbands to raise His children escalates the understanding of our worth.
I'm so grateful for our prophets who testify of family, they thank the mothers and encourage them.
1 John 2:10 says, "He that loveth his brother abideth in the light." Isn't that amazing? All we have to do to hold the light of Christ is love each other. Every one has light in them and I'm so grateful for the abundance of it in my world. I hope to someday be a mother and become partially as good as the ones I know and love. Thank you.