07 December 2014

Japan I am in You!

 I'm a real-life missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Nagoya, Japan!!
My first area is down south in  Okazaki! As soon as I was assigned here ALL the missionaries came up telling me what an incredible area it is. I am so blessed to be here!
Monday we flew safely all the way to Nagoya, where the mission presidency met us and took us to the mission home! President and Sister Yamashita are so sweet and wonderful and determined to help us to do the work! Sister Yamashita had a traditional Japanese meal of Costco clam chowder and croissants ready for us. After that delicious meal we went to bed and in the morning had great orientation and then went to the church to meet our trainers! My lovely companion is Sister Kartchner ! Wow this keyboard is really different and weird. 
So instead of going to our area we actually took the train to yokkaichi where i spent my first missionary work day with Sister Humphreys because Sister Kartchner had STL training in Meito. I looked really cute and smelled awesome in the same outfit for three days. But Thursday afternoon we trained back to Okazaki and I got my luggage and our apartment is so cute! It's super nice, we even have a washer and dryer! Every day we study, eat, street contact and teach (if we are lucky :)). I love it! My first Sunday was crazy but awesome! The members are so sweet. Most of them are like ooh Nihongo was jyozu jyozu!! (You are skilled). But they are just being nice. One woman said (in english) "Welcome to Okazaki ward. Your Ja-pa-nese is so-so." And Elder Watson said my testimony is full of mistakes and hopefully people knew what I meant ha ha. His companion, Elder Schmeil is from Brazil and my district leader and just about the nicest guy you could know! 
The Church is true. Everywhere you go. Although the meeting is in Japanese (and sometimes Portugese), the bishop still lovingly presides, the toddlers cry during the sacrament, the deacons have an artistic way of tying their ties, and the spirit radiates from the strong spirit of the member's testimonies. This is the Church in which God has restored the fulness of Jesus Christ's gospel. In it we can find direction, happiness, and peace in this life an immense eternal joy.
WHA HOO. Sounds like a great party, so everyone is invited and if anyone needs a ride let me know. Be sure to check out the "He is the Gift" video this week on YouTube.
I love this gospel, I love you, Jesus is our Savior!
Love,
Brewer Shimai

No comments: