06 June 2013

Graduation

A day I never thought much about coming came. Today was wonderful! I am so happy. High school was truly an amazing adventure.  I love it and am proud to be a Spartan. Thank you for the opportunity to speak. Thank you to every remarkable soul in my life, especially my family, and my friends just like family. I love you!
In the high school, we are supposed to learn a thing or two, so hopefully, you would agree with me that we did! Mrs. Hanson and Mr. Drake taught me to write cautiously and bravely. Ms. Spackman and Mr. Georgelas taught me to decide to have always have energy. From Mr. Wood, I learned that if at first you don't succeed, just succeed in being a bad example. From Ms. Chappell, I learned that with hard work and smile you can basically accomplish anything.
However, I think the most valuable lesson, among many, I have learned comes from Mr. Saxton (if you all weren’t sure, I’m kind of into the theatre-drama stuff). He taught us that STORY IS KING. Any production can be funny, or scary, or have great choreography, amazing effects or cool costumes, but without the story, the play missing his heart. Your story is the king of your life.
Our story at Murray High School was a marvelous, terrifying, and gracious exposition to our own personal stories. As the next scene in our life opens, I hope we can all appreciate this last one. I love each of you for something you bring. I am blessed to be around you super cool people I have learned so much from. In our cast as a the class of 2013 I see hard, dedicated workers, big ideas, strong opinions, incredible talent, and wisdom from the stories you have lived. That has to be my favorite thing about people. The diversity they bring from their past to create such an interesting future. It honestly blows my mind.
Speaking of the future, here we are. We know that no story is complete without juicy conflict, and I certainly believe it’s out there waiting for us. But look what we have! All those strong qualities, and this beginning of knowledge we’ve been given, and such cool people? The adventure up to our climax will be victorious. Again, the conflict is out there. However, so is our awesome, joyful “denouement”, our happily ever after, our impossible dream we’ve dared to dream. Let us have the courage to chase after it. Let us have the courage to not only endure our entire story, but to enjoy it.

No comments: