07 February 2018

Vision, Purpose and Values

In my pursuit to develop a helpful, graceful presence, I hope to develop an understanding and cultivation of charity, humor, balance, and dependability. 
Charity is pure love, the inherent desire and responsibility I believe we all have to care for one another. To have charity would be to be patient with all people, even those I have not met who seem to make the world more unkind and unproductive. I want to be able to discern the needs of those around me, and especially those under my stewardship. I want to create a family where love foundational and felt daily. I want people to come into our house, and feel good, and know they are welcome, desired, loved, able, and listened to. Listening would be a big part of it too. I want to be able to discern when to talk and when to listen, because I know I need to do more of the listening.  
Humor is adding a helpful, light-hearted perspective to mundane experiences. I absolutely adore the feeling of saying to do something that makes someone laugh. I believe there are many fine lines in humor, and potential for hurting others with it, which I want to be wary of. I want to create jokes and words that can make people laugh, and bring joy back into their day, never offending or hurting someone at the expense of a joke.  
I would love to achieve balance in my lifestyle. There are many things which are important to me, and I have a tendency to take on responsibility for many lovely things, subsequently being unable to accomplish any of those things well, since my efforts are too far stretched. Balancing food and exercise, critical and positive thinking, family and work time; I think these elements would help me develop a great sense of peace.  
The last characteristic I am focused upon is dependability. Too often people in need go unnoticed, uncared for, and unheard. I would love to be a dependable person whom people think of to call when they need a friend or a helping hand. Along with balance, I feel that dependability stems from organizing your time in a way that allows you to stop and fulfill a need when you see it, even if it is sudden or immediate.  
I hope to hone these characteristics to achieve some fabulous goals. The first accomplishment I envision is singing Christmas songs with my husband and children in our living room while I accompany us on the piano. I have always wanted to learn to play, because I feel that music strengthens my relationships and beliefs. I really want to become a mother, and create a warm, nourishing home where my children can have good memories and learn kindness. Learning to play piano is difficult, I am on my fourth attempt at starting lessons. However, I believe in practice, so if I am more diligent in my practice I believe I will be able to accomplish this goal.  
Next, I hope to become an excellent entertainer. I think at times it is difficult to find interactive entertainment one can experience with their family and hold good memories about. I currently work as a magician, and I adore performing. I have a goal to one day perform a one-woman variety show for a theatre-sized audience. I want this show to be very funny, and include magic, dance, juggling, music, and audience participation. Being able to bring this type of happiness to an audience would bring me great joy. Developing entertaining material and finding a venue to perform at is a challenge. I can overcome this by continuing to perform at my small-scale shows, improve my talents, and strive to meet people who could connect me to the right places.  
Another important goal to me is finding a way to assist humans in need with my husband. One day I hope we can leave our home, travel to a foreign place, and use our talents to teach, uplift, heal, or assist someone or a group of people. I believe one great purpose of being human is to have talents and share them with others, and this type of work would be a fulfillment of this purpose. I think it will be hard work to save up enough money to move somewhere and volunteer for an extended period. However, we can overcome this by setting priorities and budgeting modestly.  
In pursuit of a fulfilling, joyful, useful life, I will make choices based on the principles I believe to be true. The principles that appeal to me are those of love, humility, and charity taught by Jesus Christ. I love learning about what he taught by reading scripture and noting characteristics I find in others that align with his characteristics. Jesus Christ lived his life committed to helping humans understand perspective, charity, joy, and self-mastery. Therefore, I feel that involving in Christianity will help me achieve my chosen goals. 

No comments: