09 August 2015

Goodbye to You, and Oh, Hello Again

Greetings, Blog Reader.
Please submit your guesses now for transfer announcements!

I woke up this morning after having the strangest dream. I had finished six really short transfers and only had six left. It was quite startling! Luckily I woke up, realized I was still a Beanchan. 
Phew!
This week was full of exciting and emotional appointments on account of this being Sister Papenfuss' last week in the field. WHAT. NO AUGUSTUS WATER HAZEL WE ARE NOT OKAY. She has been working so hard right up to the end, which is inspiring. She loves the people here from the sincerest part of her heart. She has given it all her courage, effort, patience, and love in six blessed areas. And I've been soooo exceedingly blessed to partake in her companionship. Tears were shed and we closed our planners on the final Weekly Planning Session together (do cue 1980s soap opera elevator music). The point is I'll miss her a whole lotta much! We are on the train right now heading to Honbu. What is that in English? Mission Headquaters?
We had a good week with the two investigators. #1 is getting closer, but she still doesn't have the feeling that baptism is right yet. #2 did well in her second lesson, too. She is so sweet. She wants to believe in God but...can't yet? She will get there. She has a lot of faith!
Sister P wanted to go streeting for her last few dendō hours last night, so we did! It was almost refreshing to be rejected that many times in an hour again. Makes you feel like a MISSIONARY! Yeah!! We even met a sweet woman towards the end who exchanged phone numbers with us. Yay!
Friday was our last District Training Meeting with Elder Bills, who is also going home today. He always teaches a good thing through the spirit! He even bought the Shimai ice cream because it is near our birthdays. Hooray for the Nagano-Ueda District.

I'm grateful we could take the sacrament yesterday. The priesthood is a very special blessing. I'm  so happy the truth and authority has been restored. We truly have the tools to prepare daily for our return to our Heavenly Home. So letting everyone know about it is so important! Reading in the Book of Mormon about the Restoration is so powerful. I love Alma's words to his son Shiblon, who is such a great, humble example. 
"2 And now, my son, I trust that I shall have great joy in you, because of your steadiness and your faithfulness unto God; for as you have commenced in your youth to look to the Lord your God, even so I hope that you will continue in keeping his commandments; for blessed is he that endureth to the end." (Alma 38)
Book of Mormon people are very cool, I recommend highly getting to know them.
I almost forgot! Transfer calls came this Saturday! President Ishii called to announce that I am staying in Nagano! (Crowd cheers). And that my new companion is...Sister Rogers! (crowd says, wait what? But then begins to applaud, and eventually cheers). Yes, Sister Rogers and I will be reunited after a long seven weeks apart. I'm so excited! This is really rare to get a companion back. Yay!
Everyone, have a genki week!
Love,
Sister Brewer


The Nagano Four. I do peace sign for me AND my companion. #unity

No comments: