20 November 2014

*squints eyes and sees Japan emerging from the fog*

What! It's P-Day already?

The last two weeks are flying by! We only have ten days to be para para AAAAAAAHHH. Ha ha It's okay. We have been receiving e-mails from our senpai who have been in Nihon for two weeks. It made us realize we actually get to go and it's going to be fantastic! Barbosa Shimai has alas departed from us. She is in fabulous and beautiful Japan being a very well-trained missionary. We took her to the travel office at 3:35 Tuesday morning and waved to her riding away on the bus after a tearful goodbye. I thought I wouldn't see the sky at 3:00 AM again until after my mission but PSA and reminder: IT IS SENSATIONAL. One of my favorite things. Wilkinson Shimai and I love each other sooo much. Demo....it has certainly been harder to get used to being only a companionship. There is too much room to breathe in our room and our drawers our much too organized with only our belongings in them. Not to mention our lessons and study sessions sans her testimony. So sad for us. But SO happy for her. THANK YOU times 4.923 for sending her that package. Kate she LOVED your beautiful scarf and letter. Parents you are a miracle, how was I so blessed? Heavenly Father loves me. 
We were blessed with some very special speakers this week! In Relief Society the General Primary President Rosemary M. Wixom spoke. I love her simple testimony and love she brings. I hope to exude it like she does. This church is led, advised, and blessed by some incredible women.
So this Tuesday's devotional was given by the one and only LINDA K. BURTON. It was broadcast to the other MTCs so I hope Jordan got to see it as well. She is fantastic. I love her testimony and conviction. She knows the Savior, she testifies consistently of His love and has made her life dedicated to declaring his word. She and her husband motivated us very well to take on the mantle we have been given, and do everything we can to be worthy representatives of Christ. I am so blessed and not ready to be trusted with this work. I promise to work as hard as I can to accomplish these things! She also taught about the Christlike example of Mary Williams. It touched my heart to be reminded of a woman I want to be just like on my mission. She is selfless, loving, helpful, and completely dedicated to the will of the Father. 

So on Wednesday for TRC we get to SKYPE a REAL LIFE JAPANESE CHURCH MEMBERS. It's the scariest most happy thing ever. The members are so nice and faithful and willing to listen to the testimonies we can muster and share theirs. They make me very excited to come to Japan! I know Heavenly Father has called me to there to hasten His work and love His children in Japan. Trust me, loving Japanese people will certainly not be the hard part. Being a missionary is the happiest moment of my life so far. How could I possibly be so blessed?
I testify that being on a mission is important. I am called to serve because e v e r y o n e needs our Savior Jesus Christ. We have all already partaken in His mercy. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is given so we can access the Atonement he performed for us. In heaven, Heavenly Father wanted us to experience the joy and love He had, so he gave us the opportunity to come have bodies, love each other and LEARN our whole lives long. We knew we would be separated from Him, and that we would sin because we're humans. We need a way back. The Savior satisfied that necessity for justice by performing the Atonement. Access to the Atonement requires repentance, baptism and other covenants, reception of the gift of the Holy Ghost. Each of those three things are a miracle and gift. Through them we can reach this marvelous potential we have to become farther more than the natural man we are now. There is an eternal, completely fulfilling joy awaiting us as we return to Heavenly Father. It requires some work on our part, and thank goodness. I testify that as we do our best to follow the example of Jesus Christ and keep His commandments, the blessings, joy, and person we become are gifts we will hardly have the capacity to receive. I love you. Your Heavenly Father, your Savior Jesus Christ loves you. I know it. The goodness of Christ's love and mercy is demonstrated in Alma chapter 42 in the Book of Mormon. Don't go taking my word for it, read and find out for yourself. I testify that as when we kneel to pray, that act of willingness and humility allows our Heavenly Father to love and listen and understand us. Trust me, if He can understand and answer my prayers I say in "Japanese," He is most certainly awaiting your prayer. 


Much love! Letters are always welcome!
Sister Brooklyn Brewer
DEC01 JPN-NAG
2007 N. 900 E. Unit 53
Provo, UT 84602

No comments: