30 October 2014

Frog-Eye Salad

So every Sunday night after devotional we get to watch a film! This week it was Pitch Perfect. I forgot how funny Rebel Wilson is. Good show! Ha ha, just kidding, obviously. It's either a previously recorded devotional or one of the movies from temple square. I haven't seen any of them before but last week we watched "Legacy" and this week we saw "Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration." Wow! I can't believe how good they are! Maybe it's just because I'm here and on a church history high from Institute this summer, but I actually really enjoy learning about the fathers of our church. If you run out of F.H.E. activities one week I highly recommend scooting on down to Temple Square and enjoying one. Joseph Smith is incredible, He's really become and "real" person to me and I'm so grateful for his in-action faith. 
Japanese is a little hard but by the grace of the Lord I am improving every day! Yesterday we taught two lessons, and I only had to look up two words! I didn't even read off my notes this time. I just decided to have faith in my abilities strengthened by Christ and OF COURSE it worked. I've got a long way to go but I'm running full speed. Thank you, Lord. Philippians 4:13. 
I hosted again this week which is always fun! there are so many sisters ready to serve! It's totally exhausting because sisters usually have to take two at at time since there aren't as many sister hosts. But I met eight wonderful sisters ready for action! I didn't host Amanda but I  did very briefly see her while loading in another girl's luggage. She is so beautiful and i'm so happy she's here! I'm glad their farewells were great. I didn't even know Jordan stuttered? What? I admire his faith and of course I will pray for him. The Lord will take very good care of him. 
When I was a kid (you don't become an adult when you turn 18, you become an adult when you begin a story like that). My family sometimes went to Apple Spice Junction for lunch! Which you delicious sandwich you receive a side of frog-eye salad. My dad loved it and was always trying to get me to try it, but my preconceived notions and possibly past experience with kept me from doing so. Here at the MTC, my lovely companion invited me to try it again. In need of some variety, I went for it. 
Um, like super yum.
HOW have I missed out on frog-eye salad all these years! So sad. But now I enjoy it every time it is served.

Sometimes that happens with the gospel.  Some people maybe opposed to trying it out because of past experiences or  preconceived notions they have. However, how can you really know if the wonderful message the missionaries are over-ecstatic about it really all that great until you sincerely find out for yourself? Reading the Book of Mormon has been the most loving and enlightening experience of my life. But I never really FELT that until I did it. I would invite you to investigate for yourself, come and see, because sweet love from Jesus Christ is glorious, and absolutely wonderful. Life will always be hard, but we can do all things through Christ, which strenghteneth us. 

Have a marvelous week all! Letters are always welcome.
Love,
Sister Brooklyn Brewer
DEC01 JPN-NAG
2007 N. 900 E. Unit 53
Provo, UT 84602

P.S. I saw Hermana Barker this week! Whoo!

No comments: